1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and Your blog (and shop if you have one)?
My name is Cat and I write for the blog Stuff I Love
and also have a shop called Mimi Baby Boutique
2. How did you first get involved with blogging?
I first started blogging when I had my second child and had a strong desire to share with other parents my experiences with various parenting products. I have since expanded my posts to include book reviews, recipes, anecdotes from my life, and interviews with other shops and charities that I feel are relevant to other parents. After the birth of my third child I opened my shop to sell many of the handmade crafts which I make in my 'spare' time.
3. How do you come up with material/content for your blog each day, What inspires you?
I write my posts from my every day life. I love passing on information about products that have made my life easier (or warning you about things that I don't love so much) or sharing a great new book we found at the library or recipe we cooked up in our kitchen.
4. What has been the most challenging moment in being a blogger?
With three kids under 4, just finding the time to get my posts written, and written well is often a challenge. Thank goodness for nap time!
5. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
I got tremendous feedback about this post where I spoke about becoming "that mom." I absolutely love the family I have been blessed with, but it sure wasn't the family I 'planned' to have. Apparently, it's a common thread among a lot of women.
6. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
I have been so blessed by all the bloggers who've helped me out in my journey. They have been so willing to help promote me and answer my myriad random questions. I was a total newby and they've helped me learn and grow. Some of my personal favorites are:
Living in Yellow
Mommas Like Me
Drops of Motherhood
7. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
Write about what you're passionate about. It's hard work and you will burn out fast if you don't love your subject. Network like crazy. Get to know other bloggers - ask what you can do for them, and they'll be more willing to help you along the way as well. Advertise wherever you can. Whatever you can afford, find a way to get your name out there. Don't give up - growing a fan base takes time and practice (I know I'm still working on it). Be patient and remember - no matter how small your group of followers is, you still have the potential to make a big impact on another human being.
8. What Social Networks are you on?
I can be found on facebook for both Stuff I Love and Mimi Baby Boutique and on twitter @mimibabyb
9. What networking do you do, that you feel helps your blog and/or shop the most?
I advertise with other blogs. I have buttons on 5 or 6 other blogs so far and it seems to bring me a lot of traffic. I also participate in as many giveaways as I can afford to offer items on in order to grow my fan base. It's amazing how many people will 'like' you if you offer to give them a pair of earrings!
10. What has been the best thing about blogging so far, feel free to share any exciting triumphs or milestones you have had or reached! :)
I just adore getting to know other moms (and sometimes dads). It blesses me so much when someone else relates to something I've said or gets really excited to read one of my recommended books to her kids. I just love letting others know that no matter what, they are not alone in their parenting journey.
11. Is there anything else you would like to share with my readers?
I love feedback! I want to make my posts relevant to what others want to know. I even have a forum on Stuff I Love where people can post questions and reviews of their own. I want my blog to be interactive, not just a place to air my opinions, but a place where we can all learn from each others' experience.