Knock-Off Doubletree Cookies
1/2 cup rolled oats (I used Montana Gluten Free Naked Oats)
2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup rice flour, 1 cup potato starch)
1/4 cup ground flax seed meal *
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cups butter, softened
1/4 cup coconut oil **
3/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In medium bowl, combine flour, flax meal, oats, and baking soda.
3) In mixer, cream butter and coconut oil with brown and granulated sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla.
4) Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
5) By hand, fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut.
6) Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets.
7) Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes approx. 2 dozen.
* Or, omit flax and use 2 1/4 cups flour
** Or, omit coconut oil and use 2 sticks butter