Hey guys! Big news!
|Me waving "bye bye"|
Last night I had my first panic attack in 4 years. I used to get them all the time, and this one was mild compared to what I used to experience - but nonetheless, I was filled with a profound sense that "all is not right" in my world. Usually, an episode like this is a huge red flag that I am feeling stress. Honestly, I believe that God has been trying to get my attention for a while now - but I didn't want to listen. I love everyone I have met through this blog, and it has been growing so significantly lately that I just keep trying to hold on. But the time has come.
As of today, I am bidding farewell to Stuff I Love.
This month marks my one year bloggerversary. I had lots of fun giveaways and tributes planned. But I'm just not feeling it anymore, so I'm not going to force it. I started this blog because I loved to write and I had information I wanted to pass on - in my spare time. But I've become increasingly aware that I have no spare time anymore. Maintaining this blog has taken me over, and it's time to say goodbye. While I am sad about this, I also have a profound sense of peace and relief.
I have a basket of mending that's been neglected for months. I have projects that are long overdue for completion. I miss having time to read my kids an extra book at naptime, to relax with a magazine, to really focus on the nitty-gritty of cleaning and organizing my home.
This means 3 things:
1) My shops ARE going to stay open and I'm still planning to re-launch on Friday. I'm looking forward to having more free time to create fun new products to sell.
2) I'm looking to pass the torch on some bloggy projects I've put a lot of work into.
3) If you are a paid August sponsor of this blog, I will refund your money. I'm going to leave the blog up (who knows, I might be back someday), and will be glad to keep ads on the sidebar, but I probably won't be generating a ton of additional pageviews from here on out.
Here's how you can help:
1) I was planning a big giveaway for Friday to coincide with launching my shops. I have several fun items I want to give away and would love to go ahead with it - if one (or two) of you would be willing to host the giveaway for me.
2) I'm looking for someone (or several someones) to take over the Wednesday Wander, Getting To Know You, and Saturday Shop Hop linky parties. I have html ready to go for the next couple linkups - if someone is interested, I can send it on over.
3) I'm looking for low-cost or free ad spots for my shops. I obviously can't offer swaps anymore, but I can pay a little, or offer products, social media shout-outs, or similar compensation if you've got a spot for me. Let me know if you've got anything open.
So if you can help with any of my requests, need a refund for your ad spot, or have any other questions or comments, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Thanks everyone! You will be missed!
And now a super quick final WIW: Souvenir edition
My inlaws went to Wyoming for a vacation and all I got was this awesome t-shirt!
T-shirt: e.m.i sportswear
Shorts: American Eagle