Gluten-Free, Vegan Mac'n'Cheese
4 cups dry gf pasta (such as Tinkyada shells)
drizzle olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 tbsp rice flour
2 cups rice milk
7 oz follow your heart cheddar, shredded
5 oz follow your heart mozzarella, shredded
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Heat oven to 350 degrees
1) In large sauce pan, cover pasta with water, bring to a boil, then simmer until al dente.
2) Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large pan. Add onion and sautee until tender.
3) Add rice flour and stir until well combined.
4) Add rice milk one cup at a time and stir continually, simmering until thickened.
5) Add shredded cheeses and stir until cheeses have melted completely.
6) Stir in mustard and nutritional yeast.
7) Place pasta in 2 qt casserole dish.
8) Pour sauce on top of pasta and toss until well combined.
9) Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
*optional: before baking, top with crushed rice crackers or rice breadcrumbs for extra crunch if desired